Same Day Crowns (CEREC)
Porcelain Crowns can help you recapture the health and appearance of your smile.
A Crown is a restoration that is placed over the affected tooth to amend its shape, size or strength. Dental Crowns completely cover the tooth and may be used for aesthetic or functional reasons.
At Broxbourne Dental Care we use the latest in dental technology – the CEREC® System. CEREC® is a method to restore any tooth, which is decayed, weakened or broken, to its natural strength and beauty. It is done with all ceramic materials that are tooth coloured. As state-of-the-art CAD software allows us to design every precise detail of your restoration with the accuracy of a computer – your Crown can now be completed in only one dental appointment!
During your appointment, the affected tooth is first prepared for treatment. An electronic 3D scan is taken of the area. The ceramic restoration is then designed in accordance with your tooth scan. Utilising the CEREC machine the ceramic restoration is created quickly and efficiently. It can then be applied to the tooth and polished to look and feel natural.
The benefits of CEREC include:
- Preserves more of your natural tooth structure
- Bonding actually strengthens the tooth
- No uncomfortable impression trays
- Beautiful aesthetics – colour matched ceramic
- Natural looking results
- It is clinically proven – millions of successful restorations worldwide
- Enamel-like materials – natural look and feel
- Also suitable for Fillings, Crowns and Veneers